Background

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Focus T25: End of Week 3

Part of me can't believe that I have only completed three weeks of T25, as at this point it kind of feels like I've been doing this forever. I am posting a little later this week because I needed to change my workout schedule again. I had originally begun doing this program Sunday - Thursday, but I was having problems getting the double workout finished on Thursday. I get up at 0500 to workout every day, but I live so far from work that I only have time to get one of the 30 minute workouts finished, so I would have to do the double workout after work Thursday and have time to do nothing else that day. I didn't like that. So I scooted my schedule forward two days, Tuesday - Saturday, so that Saturday was my double workout day and I could take my time.

My back still hurt like crazy this week, but I pushed through it. I also pushed through some monthly pain that I encountered, par for the course. This is the first month in many months that I was actually able to push through that kind of pain and stick with an exercise program, which makes me happy and shows me that I am making progress with my personal fitness.

This was also the week I actually checked off the "Nailed It!" box on my daily workout for the first time. Granted, it was only one day, and the rest of the days I still hit the "Barely Made It" boxes, especially since I put in so much extra effort on the Nailed It! day and exhausted myself for the rest of the week, but - again - progress.

Also showing progress is the scale! I will admit that I gave in to PMS this week and had some donuts, which probably almost definitely kept me from losing more than I did. On two different days. I am shamed, and my boyfriend looked at me accusingly when he saw the Dunkin Donuts bags, but I won't deny that it was like heaven in my mouth eating those Boston Cremes. 

(Weeps quietly)

Last week, ending T25 Week 2, 3/28/15:
Weight: 184.0 lbs 
BFP: 41%
Arm: 11.5"
Thigh: 22"
Waist: 32.5"

This week, ending T25 Week 3, 4/05/15:
Weight: 180.4 lbs
BFP: 39.4%
Arm: 11.5"
Thigh: 21"
Waist: 32"

Three weeks into the program, I think I can safely say what I find lacking overall so far. I think my measurements week to week demonstrate it quite clearly: There is little to no change in my arms, which doesn't surprise me, because T25 does not really have a focus on arm work. I'm thinking about throwing in some weights on one of my days off just for the arms to add some more tone and increase my muscle, which should increase my fat burn.

I also do not think that there is enough ab work. Shaun T always gets on you to lift your knees above your waist, which works your lower abs, and some of the kickboxing moves he throws in do work on twisting your waistline, but it really isn't enough. Even the Ab Intervals workout, while effective, focuses almost entirely on V-sits and leg lifts, and I can tell that my core is incredibly weak right now. 

Usually my core is quite strong (even if it is/was cushioned by a layer of pudge) and I can hammer out ab workouts like no one's business. Doing this program, while I am losing inches off of my waistline, I can tell my core is incredibly sub-par. The rest of me is starting to really tone, and the muscles feel firm when I press on them, but my abs are just not getting there. I know belly fat is the last to work off on the body, but I think part of this is that the program just isn't offering enough muscle development for the core. Therefore, in addition to doing some arm weights, I'm going to do a little ab work on my days off, as well, just to make sure that I'm not seriously neglecting that area.

That's all for me this week. Except that I scored a barely-used ViewSonic 22" LED monitor off of Craigslist for $45! How freaking awesome is that! I'm a Craigslist junkie and I'm always combing it for good deals. I've been meaning to actually get a monitor for a while (I have my PC hooked up to my TV), but I just can't afford one at a "new" price. I found this one posted by some guy who had used it for a Mac Mini for a few months and then put it in his basement when he got an iMac. Score! Pretty stoked about it. It's nice being able to work on my computer without having to squint at the screen.

Anyhoo, have a good week, guys! Moving into week 4 for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment